About Lutheran Hospital
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care facility delivering innovative care in a nurturing environment. Since opening in Fort Wayne on Thanksgiving Day 1904, the hospital has continually expanded its services to meet the needs of adults and children throughout northeastern Indiana and northwestern Ohio.
In addition to traditional healthcare, Lutheran Hospital provides extensive specialized services through:
- Level II verified adult and pediatric trauma centers
- A certified comprehensive stroke center
- An accredited comprehensive cancer program
- An accredited comprehensive breast center
- Northeastern Indiana's only accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery center
Leadership in cardiac care is reflected in the hospital's vast cardiology and cardiovascular services. Recognitions include:
- The HeartCARE Center TM National Distinction of Excellence (the American College of Cardiology's highest recognition)
- AFib with electrophysiology services accreditation (the first in Indiana)
- Chest pain center with PCI and Resuscitation accreditation
- Cardiac cath lab with PCI accreditation
- Heart failure accreditation
- Certification as a ventricular assist device destination therapy provider
And, since young patients have unique needs, Lutheran Children's Hospital provides care to infants, children and teens in dedicated inpatient, outpatient and ER settings designed entirely for kids.