Lutheran Regional Burn Center
7950 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
(260) 435-4720(260) 435-4720
No one ever plans to be burned. But if you or someone you love is ever involved in a fire, explosion or industrial accident, it's good to know that Lutheran Regional Burn Center is close by when every minute counts.
The burn center, which includes eight patient rooms, provides highly specialized, unique resources needed to care for burn patients. These include:
- Debridement room to remove dead tissue
- Hydrotherapy facilities
- Isolated surgical suite for microvascular and reconstructive surgeries
- Skin bank with high-tech skin grafting equipment, cultured skin technology and lifesaving skin transplantation technology
- Latest in infection control, including a special air-filtration system
- Multidisciplinary team of physicians, surgeons, nurses, technicians and psychologists representing cardiology, emergency medicine, rehabilitation, respiratory and transitional and wound care, all specially trained to treat burn patients
Outpatient Burn and Wound Clinic
Lutheran Hospital’s Outpatient Burn and Wound Clinic treats patients of all ages for a variety of burns and wounds. In addition to having wounds dressed and treated, patients also receive ongoing support through wound-specific education, nutritional counseling and follow-up care.
Some of the burns and wounds treated at the clinic include:
- Chemical, electrical and inhalation burns
- Circulatory wounds
- Crush injuries
- Diabetic ulcers
- Infections of the extremities
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Pressure sores
- Thermal burns (from scalds, contact with hot surfaces and severe sunburn)
- Trauma wounds
The clinic’s proximity to the burn center enables physicians from different specialties to collaborate and offer medical and surgical services in one while also improving resources, enhancing accessibility for patients and families and improving overall patient outcomes.
Staff works in conjunction with each patient’s family medicine physician or specialist. Physician referrals, however, are not needed to schedule an appointment. For additional information about outpatient burn and wound care, call (260) 435-4730(260) 435-4730.