Lutheran Hospital has open visiting hours. However, a patient's health may require nurses to limit visitors on occasion. Please review the details below, as well as posted signs outside units, and ask staff about any special circumstances.
Quiet hours are observed daily from 2:30-4:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.-7 a.m. During this time, the lights are dimmed and noise is kept to a minimum to help patients rest.
- The number of visitors may be limited based on a patient's condition or location. Please ask when you arrive on the unit.
- Units caring for seriously ill patients may have age restrictions for visitors.
- All visitors must wash their hands before and after visiting a patient.
- Anyone with symptoms of a cold or other illness should not visit.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Shoes must be worn at all times.
- Visitors may be asked to move to a waiting area. If this occurs, it is for the immediate well-being of the patient.
- Smoking, as well as the use of e-cigarettes, vaping devices and other similar products, is not permitted in the facility or on the Lutheran Hospital campus.
- Firearms, weapons, alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited on hospital premises.
- Lutheran Hospital reserves the right to remove any person from the premises if dangerous, disruptive or otherwise unacceptable behavior is displayed.
Food & Beverages
Please check with a nurse before bringing any food or drink to a patient. Many patients are on restricted diets, which may be necessary for tests and procedures.
Balloons, fresh flowers and plants
Latex balloons are not allowed inside the hospital due to common latex allergies. Mylar balloons are permitted. In addition, some patients can’t receive fresh fruit, flowers or live plants. Ask a staff member before delivering any of these items to a patient.
Cell Phones and Smart Phones are:
- Permitted in waiting rooms and general patient care areas
- Prohibited in critical care areas
- Prohibited within three feet of any medical equipment
Please set your phone to mute/vibrate while visiting the hospital. Use lounges and common areas for telephone conversations, rather than talking in the hallway outside a patient’s room.
Free Valet Parking is available Monday through Friday at three different locations on the Lutheran Hospital campus.
|Main lobby entrance at the front circle drive||7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
(already parked vehicles will also be retrieved here until 8 p.m.)
|South lobby entrance at the south circle drive||7 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Lutheran Heart Pavilion entrance||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
After valet closes, keys are available at the security desk, located in the emergency department.
To reach the security department at Lutheran Hospital, call (260) 435-7265.